By Jeff, Lemieux, Jean-Michel McAffer
Eclipse is greater than a cutting-edge IDE: its wealthy shopper Platform (RCP) plug-ins shape a superb starting place for any laptop software, from chat functions to firm software program front-ends. In Eclipse wealthy patron Platform, leaders of the Eclipse RCP venture convey precisely the best way to leverage Eclipse for quick, effective, cross-platform computer development.
as well as explaining the ability of Eclipse as a laptop program improvement platform, the authors stroll step by step via constructing an absolutely featured, branded RCP program. They introduce quite a lot of strategies, together with constructing pluggable and dynamically extensible structures, utilizing third-party code libraries, and packaging functions for varied environments. you are going to construct, refine, and refactor an entire prototype; customise the consumer interface; upload support and replace positive factors; and construct, model, and send the completed software.
- for each Java developer, despite past Eclipse experience
- completely covers Eclipse 3.1's new RCP good points and its broad new instruments for designing, coding, and packaging RCP applications
- provides thoughts for branding and customizing the feel and appear of RCP applications
- exhibits how one can triumph over the demanding situations and "rough edges" of RCP development
- Discusses the similarities and alterations among RCP and traditional plug-in development
- comprises an summary of OSGi, the bottom execution framework for Eclipse
for you to strengthen and set up world-class Java functions with wealthy, local GUIs, and use Eclipse RCPget this book.
CD-ROM comprises the Eclipse 3.1 SDK, Eclipse 3.1 RCP SDK, and Eclipse 3.1 RCP Delta Pack applicable for home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. It additionally comprises all of the code samples constructed within the booklet.